Yesterday mom and I planted strawberry plants: three hundred strawberry plants to be exact. Actually I should say mom planted and I helped since she's faster at it and did two thirds of the work. (Thanks mom!) We dug and chatted, mostly about a letter I got the day before from my pen-pal in Colorado. As we worked, dirt everywhere and our backs aching from trying desperately to dig in the hard soil, mom said that maybe she should only have ordered two hundred or a hundred and fifty plants, instead of three hundred. I agreed- at first.
But then we reasoned that next year when we feast on delightfully delectable berries, we would say "Isn't it great that we did so many last year? It only took one day and now we're reaping (literally) the rewards of our labor." Ok, those weren't quite our exact words, but hey, the basic premise is correct!
Ohhh, Lena is so adorable! I haven't elaborated before on her so I will now. I'm typing this while she sits on the desk by the computer and plays with the pencil sharpener. No worries, she can't get her finger in it. Every once in a while she will make little singing noises or 'da da' sounds or she'll squeak at me with her mouth wide open in a smile and a sparkle in her eye; just daring me to look at her and not laugh. I haven't succeeded yet! She's everybody's favorite, at least in our family.
Well, summer is almost here and I am so glad. Autumn represents dying which for the Christian is beautiful as it symbolizes the end of this life and the beginning of eternity. But like Winter, death seems cold and final, like it will never end and, on a small scale at least, we begin to feel a little despair. Death used to be hopeless, but Jesus killed death once and for all, and burst forth from the grave just like seeds burst out of the ground.
Ohhh, Lena is so adorable! I haven't elaborated before on her so I will now. I'm typing this while she sits on the desk by the computer and plays with the pencil sharpener. No worries, she can't get her finger in it. Every once in a while she will make little singing noises or 'da da' sounds or she'll squeak at me with her mouth wide open in a smile and a sparkle in her eye; just daring me to look at her and not laugh. I haven't succeeded yet! She's everybody's favorite, at least in our family.
Well, summer is almost here and I am so glad. Autumn represents dying which for the Christian is beautiful as it symbolizes the end of this life and the beginning of eternity. But like Winter, death seems cold and final, like it will never end and, on a small scale at least, we begin to feel a little despair. Death used to be hopeless, but Jesus killed death once and for all, and burst forth from the grave just like seeds burst out of the ground.
This is the Spring, the time when all becomes new and beautiful. Summer, green and alive, warm and full of energy, is a picture of our growth in Christ. Even our Autumn- the time of decline, and our winter- when we die, is wonderful because we know that just a little while we will enter the Greatest and most Glorious Springtime we have ever known.
May God's peace rest on you,

4 comments:
"Justice, our pony who we recently sold because he has too many 'stallion tendencies'." Haha! That's hilarious! He looks like quite the character. :)
Cool Jordan.
Jordan Sweetie!
you never told me you had a blog! awesome! and you used to comment on mine with just in that anonymous kind of way--with no link.
you have the most amazing layout, darling.
and this post...this post is lovely. Especially the last parts about seasons. Gorgeous prose!
i'ma add you to my links. :)
You were blogging about my letters, but I'm still waiting for a letter to tell me about your blog!
Oh well, good old rebelution to find friends.
BTW, you are equally poetic online as you are on paper. Keep writing!!
Post a Comment