Friday, May 08, 2009

Life, as it were...

The last few days I have been sick. It started with a nasty chest cold which became a full blown head cold complete with sore throat, stuffy nose, headache, and earache. Yesterday, I'm not sure why I didn't figure this out sooner, I started drinking some really good-for-you broth made from boiling beef bones for hours with some apple cider vinegar to draw out the good minerals, and also taking tons of vitamin C and Garlic pills. Finally, some relief.

Anyway, enough of my woes. Yesterday I read Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. (books one and two of the Anne of Green Gables series) I had forgotten how much I love those books! I simply adore Anne! She is so lively and reminds me how wonderful the world really is when you look at it like she does. I wish I could describe things like her. (I suppose she does so well because she is only a character on a printed page, but there is something about her that seems more real, as if she was an actual person and I have met her and had long conversations with her.) Hmmm...

Also yesterday, because I was feeling so much better from the broth and vitamins, I planted some garlic (can't seem to get away from that garlic) in my herb garden. Of course I had to plan, and measure, and dig, and redo the edging so it took much longer than if I had just gone ahead and planted it, but now it's done and done right. Much to my joy, I discovered that nearly all of my plants from last year have survived the winter in some shape or form and delightful little runners or shoots or new plants are poking up everywhere. It makes me glad and I feel like reading The Secret Garden again. I read that book a year or so ago to the kids and they loved it, maybe not as much as I do but I don't think anyone could love it that much...

Well, I'm rambling aren't I? I might as well because I can't post any pictures just now on account of our horrible dial-up internet connection. Hopefully I can put some pictures up soon that I took recently.

Farewell friends,

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I hope you get all the way better soon! Broth is always soothing. I love the Anne of Green Gables books! Did you read Anne of Avonlea? I especially like when she keeps stating when people ask her name: 'Anne with an 'E'.' Those herbs are sounding tasty. I hope your internet connection gets better! :)