Justice, our pony who we recently sold because he has too many 'stallion tendencies'.
Well, our whole family is on a diet. I hate the word 'diet', it's more of a meal plan for healing your body. (None of us needs to lose weight, thank you!) For the first two days all you eat is soup!!!!! Beef soup, chicken soup, soup with carrots, soup with green beans, soup, soup, soup!!!!! I understand it, I love it, I embrace the idea, but the actual doing is the hard part. Since Moriah, Gideon, Rebekah and Lena are all sick with some kind of flu virus, this really is the best thing we could do anyway.
For a treat today, mom strayed from the rules so to speak and we made jello using packages of pure gelatin and a jug of organic, minimally-processed grape juice. Mmmmm, I could eat a whole pan of it! Emily says so too.
Now we have a little more appreciation and empathy for our brother Isaac who has been on a hugely restricted diet for months because of his intestinal problems. Before we figured it out he was actually being starved because his body wasn't even absorbing any nutrients. He's doing much better, WAY better actually, but restricted really doesn't do justice to what his 'diet' (meal-plan for healing the body) was.
Well, tomorrow the 'diet' adds a raw egg yolk to the broth. (Disclaimer- you should use your own discretion eating raw egg yolks, in other words, they are healthy, but be wise and eat at your own risk.) I am not so thrilled about the egg yolk, but hey! worse things have happened to people and to put in a good word for the 'meal-plan' I must say that I feel about 97% better from my cold and actually (if truth be told, which I always try to do) I feel better than in weeks, no, months.
God bless,
2 comments:
Beautifulness....beautifulness....beautifulness!!I wish you would take our family pics. Renae and the chickens and Justice are my favorites!
see my blog, Jordan:
doggirlsdiary.blogspot.com
Post a Comment