Monday, March 01, 2010

Political musings

From the song we hear sung nowadays, you might think that the single most important calling of all time is to restore our country to its old fashioned values and beliefs.

But is it?

We aren’t called to be Republicans, third-party or even plain conservative. Our mission isn’t to traditional-American-ize our culture. Our first commitment isn’t to be loyal and faithful to the country of our birth, but to the heavenly country of our new birth; a kingdom which has no end.

We don’t war against flesh and blood. Instead of conservative values versus liberalism or Right versus Left it’s really right versus wrong, Christ and the Church vs. the World, the Seed of the woman vs. the dragon of the ages – if we are going to be honest with ourselves, we won’t judge something on whether or not it’s ‘conservative’, it’s got to be Biblical or it doesn’t deserve the time of day, instead needing to be destroyed or reformed.

This isn’t to say that our country wasn’t founded on Christian principles or that our fathers weren’t Christians. Or that a return to traditional American values and the Constitution isn’t what our government needs. What we need to realize is that humans are fallible, and a system which is at best grounded properly, when in the hands of imperfect stewards and unregenerate men, can become a system which has lost its footing on that infallible foundation.

5 comments:

Chip said...

Great piece, AMEN. Render to Ceaser what is Ceaser's and to God that which is God's. Whose image is on us?
In Christ
Chip

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Absolutely.

Soli Deo Gloria
~Jordan

Jordan Elizabeth said...

Nicely said!

~the other Jordan Elizabeth

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Thanks.

You know, it's funny how many days I will sit with writer's block over one simple school essay, but as I stare at the computer, will come up with a blog post off the top of my head.

maybe I need to rethink my priorities and show more diligence-- whose image am I bearing?

Jordan Elizabeth said...

It's so easy when your motivated, isn't it? It used to be so difficult for me to post on my blog, just because it was assigned. Now that my parents aren't pushing it, I have multiple posts a week. I've always been this way~but that doesn't mean I always have to be!

~the other Jordan Elizabeth