It’s spring, gardening time, therefore, I talk about it all the time!
Yesterday as I weeded my herb garden, I got to thinking about faith. The song ‘Mountain Moving Faith’ was in my head and as I hummed it I came to the part that says: All you need is a mustard seed of mountain moving faith… Is that true? I mean, come on, a mustard seed is pretty small. How on earth could that amount of faith move a mountain? We have just met the first mountain- Mt. Doubt- otherwise known as Skepticism. But if you accept by faith Jesus’ words that only a mustard seed of faith is necessary to move mountains, then the first mountain has already been moved!
The weeds are just terrible (I know, I know, the Curse.) But really, why can’t the real plants be so prolific and hardy. After an entire winter of dormancy, the weed seeds come to life after only a few days of spring. And the roots on some of those things! I’m sure any fellow gardener can relate… Extremely long roots are the weeds’ favorite way to make me, or you, the young gardener struggle to pick them. (Really, in the scheme of things, we're all young, just think of Adam)
So I kept working, and thinking, and eventually I thought of something else about faith. Just like mustard, the seed of faith has to be planted. (ENTER the Master Gardener) After a seed is planted, guess what! it grows! Mustard grows into a huge plant, big enough for other creatures to take comfort and rest in… With the proper care, faith grows too. So what has my faith grown into? What has your faith grown into?
Yesterday as I weeded my herb garden, I got to thinking about faith. The song ‘Mountain Moving Faith’ was in my head and as I hummed it I came to the part that says: All you need is a mustard seed of mountain moving faith… Is that true? I mean, come on, a mustard seed is pretty small. How on earth could that amount of faith move a mountain? We have just met the first mountain- Mt. Doubt- otherwise known as Skepticism. But if you accept by faith Jesus’ words that only a mustard seed of faith is necessary to move mountains, then the first mountain has already been moved!
The weeds are just terrible (I know, I know, the Curse.) But really, why can’t the real plants be so prolific and hardy. After an entire winter of dormancy, the weed seeds come to life after only a few days of spring. And the roots on some of those things! I’m sure any fellow gardener can relate… Extremely long roots are the weeds’ favorite way to make me, or you, the young gardener struggle to pick them. (Really, in the scheme of things, we're all young, just think of Adam)
So I kept working, and thinking, and eventually I thought of something else about faith. Just like mustard, the seed of faith has to be planted. (ENTER the Master Gardener) After a seed is planted, guess what! it grows! Mustard grows into a huge plant, big enough for other creatures to take comfort and rest in… With the proper care, faith grows too. So what has my faith grown into? What has your faith grown into?
May you have long life, joyful prosperity, and many happy days of dirty fingers and smudged noses-

No comments:
Post a Comment