More journaling I did in December. This is in comtemplation of Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.
Talk about salt and light! These four were just that; young, (OT) Christian men who were suddenly immersed into the most pagan, vile, evil, wicked, perverse culture of the times. They stood against remarkable odds as they were assaulted spiritually by the most horrible spirits. I mean, Gabriel couldn't even bring a message to Daniel for 24 days because of the spiritual battle going on! They had been plucked out of their homes and placed into this kind of environment- but they stood firm! Their resolve never quit, they never compromised, even in the face of scorn, fiery furnaces, and lions' dens. 'Dare to be a Daniel' is a lot more meaningful than it used to be to me. This culture is a lot like the ancient Babylonians, dark, spiritually depraved, wicked, perverse, and spiritually oppressing. I would dare to be a Daniel or a Mishael or a Hananiah, or an Azariah kind of a Christian. Before I die, I want people to know that I am a Christian. People knew the four Hebrew children were. May all we culture-changers dare to be Daniels (and Hananiahs, and Azariahs, and Mishaels! Love those names!) May we stand together and rock this world, turn it upside down and shake it! for the glory of Christ! His Kingdom will rule, and it will rule well because He is King.
I get excited reading Daniel... You didn't notice that, did you?
~JORDAN ELIZABETH~
4 comments:
Amen. Thank you for sharing this post.
Thank you for the comment. I find Daniel to be such an inspiring book.
~Jordan
Okay lets see working up.
Great music quote, chicken wire, frost is so amazingly awesome, no thanks(they need flies), digital counts, cool names, cool guys, what great examples.
God Bless
Chip
Chip-
Thanks. :D
Post a Comment