Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Imagery and Reality... Part one

There's what you think you see, and there's what IS. I think we can understand this. People want you to be the real you, (I mean, 'get real',) and everyone has met someone who needed a little dose of reality. Unbiblical viewpoints and wishful thinking only subjectify and nullify the truth- and when you want to know the facts, the cold, hard facts, hysterical babblings and rose colored glasses don't help either.

But, what is real? 'Truth is what you make of it' advocates may as well stop reading right here, because I want to find out what is real- for real. Once we know what is real, why is it real? Is there yet another 'realness' behind what is true?

First, I'd like to outline what I'm NOT trying to say in this series:

  1. I know everything
  2. This is an easy topic
  3. Everything I say is absolutely correct

In case you didn’t notice, those were what I'm not saying. Most of what I do say may be old news to a lot of you, but sometimes what you take for granted turns out to be very important.

My goal IS to put into words what I've been considering for the past few months, to hopefully broaden our view of God, and to complicate (and in so doing, simplify) the universe.

Pretty hefty goals, I know. Which is why I don't tread this ground lightly and I hope anyone reading my words will weigh them against scripture and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

...

~Jordan Elizabeth

PS. Stay tuned for part two, Figuratively Literal, sometime next week

3 comments:

Ptáček said...

Oooo, this sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to the rest!
Hey! Have you heard of any of Nate Wilson's writing? I don't know if y'all get the Credenda Agenda Reformed magazine at all...that's where I originally heard/read his writing. Anyway, though! He has this (relatively) new book released called, Notes from the Tilt-A-Whirl (that's where my latest blog post originated from), and think you'd really like it! I'm so stuck on it, still, after finished it last week--I have to tell everyone about it. It's so cool! You have to look it up/buy it/something. I borrowed it from brad and Rach when they were visiting, but I'm getting my own copy soon. Agh. It's so beautiful. Again, I think it would help clarify stuff even in regards to this post's questions! I know it has helped (and still will) me!

Love you!!

Ptáček said...

oh and p.s. i love your new blog background. it's gorgeous.

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

(to your last comment)
Yes, I know. Sometimes I'll bring up my blog just to feast my eyes. :)

(in regards to your first)
Ever since you mentioned that book I've been itching to read it. Maybe the next time I'm in Barnes and Noble... whenever that is. :) Thanks for the comments, they brighten my day!