And we got to watch an 'Honor's Recital' too. wow.
..
Don’t ever be fooled into thinking for a minute that music is different pitches of sound with rhythm and pattern:
..
True music is a soul clothed in an invisible, yet audible body.
~Jordan Elizabeth
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
So, you play in a symphony? If so, what seat? I wish I played in a symphony (violin), but our local symphony disbanded because of lack of funds and community interest. A real bummer :( ~onwingsofsong~
I play second violin, seat 6B, if that helps. haha, I really don't know that much about the seating, just that I'm usually almost directly in front of the conductor.
It actually was kind of amazing that I got let in. First off, I've never been in an orchestra, symphony or even a band.(which was one of the requirements :D) Secondly, I didn't audition! My mom called in late to see if they still had chairs open, which they did, so they got me the music and I was able to audition the next day.
*happiness*
~Jordan Elizabeth
PS. we are really fortunate with both funds and community interest, and it's so beautiful to see all the violins, we have two full sections. :)
"I'm usually almost directly in front of the conductor" Oooh...that makes you feel real comfortable doesn't it? Haha!
I actually played in a youth orchestra for four years. I was concertmistress for three of the years. The music was pretty good though sometimes not as challenging as I'd like. That was mainly because most of the players were younger and not advanced. Course, the youth symphony fell apart too. It was expected though as we had less and less participation every year.
3 comments:
So, you play in a symphony? If so, what seat? I wish I played in a symphony (violin), but our local symphony disbanded because of lack of funds and community interest. A real bummer :(
~onwingsofsong~
I play second violin, seat 6B, if that helps. haha, I really don't know that much about the seating, just that I'm usually almost directly in front of the conductor.
It actually was kind of amazing that I got let in. First off, I've never been in an orchestra, symphony or even a band.(which was one of the requirements :D) Secondly, I didn't audition! My mom called in late to see if they still had chairs open, which they did, so they got me the music and I was able to audition the next day.
*happiness*
~Jordan Elizabeth
PS. we are really fortunate with both funds and community interest, and it's so beautiful to see all the violins, we have two full sections. :)
"I'm usually almost directly in front of the conductor"
Oooh...that makes you feel real comfortable doesn't it? Haha!
I actually played in a youth orchestra for four years. I was concertmistress for three of the years. The music was pretty good though sometimes not as challenging as I'd like. That was mainly because most of the players were younger and not advanced. Course, the youth symphony fell apart too. It was expected though as we had less and less participation every year.
Post a Comment