Friday, January 08, 2010

Swiftly fly the years...


Especially seventeen short ones. You'd think with so many centuries of practice they would have learned to walk more slowly. The years I mean. You'd think the years would have gotten tired of flying.
But, anyway, back to my birthday-
Can it be possible? The little girls were watching The Sound of Music today, and I realized that I am now older than Liesel. Remember that scene?...
I am seventeen, going on eighteen...

Imagine that. So, since it's an occasion, and I never post pictures of myself, I thought I might as well, just to show off the new mandolin. Guess I'll have to learn to play. *grins*


This birthday was by far the most exciting- yesterday that is- I would say a little too exciting in the wrong direction, but we managed to pull ourselves together and I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself. (I was in charge most of the day which meant I took the day off from school. Whether that is good or not, I can't tell. :)


All joking aside, God was the one responsible for it being a good birthday. Credit where it's due, you know.


~Jordan Elizabeth

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...hmmm? That's really you in that picture?? I have a hard time believing it. I mean that picture and the one of you on your sidebar, well, I could swear that they were two different people.
Please help me out here.

A new reader

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Anon.-

Yes, those pictures are both me. The one on the sidebar is over two years old and, well, I put it up for three reasons:

1. I like it because it contains good memories of being in a play with good friends;

2. I rarely like any pictures of myself; and,

3. Our dial-up internet rarely can upload pictures onto the sidebar.

So, believe it :), and may I ask where you found my blog?

~Jordan

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

*spark of recognition*

Ah, I just realized, I'm not wearing glasses in the picture with the mandolin...

Anonymous said...

"I rarely like any pictures of myself"
I'm totally with ya. I also rarely like pictures of myself. (I'm so glad I finally found somebody that thinks like me in that area) :)


"So, believe it"
I guess I will.

"may I ask where you found my blog?"
Oh hum...let me think...Oh yeah, I was reading some comments on joyfullyathome and noticed that your uh, gravatar (I think that's what it's called) is of a violin. Well, I'm a violinist and a music freak, so I had to check out your blog. And that's I ended up here.

"Ah, I just realized, I'm not wearing glasses in the picture with the mandolin..."
Yeah, I guess that's a big part of it. I wear glasses too btw...only I never take them off for pictures, because if I do, I would look even worse. And it's bad enough that I never look nice in photos. Btw, you look great without glasses...I'm not trying to imply that you don't.

Ok, enough of my rambling. Heh, ya know, it just occured to me that you only asked one question and I wrote a whole lot more than an answer to it. Oh well...I hear that bloggers like comments. Hopefully you'll enjoy my comment, err, rambling.

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

"I hear that bloggers like comments"
Oh yes. I enabled moderation because I don't want to miss any of them. :)

With the whole picture liking/disliking, it's always a struggle to stop disliking because I know that it is selfish of me to worry so much about my appearance. (what I think my appearance is anyway.)

I tend to like myself a lot more when I focus on those around me instead of focus on what I think those around me think about me.

Does that make sense? At least, that's my issue with photographs.

*I also end my rambling*
Jordan Elizabeth

PS- I should probably be careful what I say because you are an anonymous, unknown person... haha :D

Anonymous said...

"I should probably be careful what I say because you are an anonymous, unknown person... haha :D"
Oh, heh...well I do have a blog...just started it a couple days ago. But, I'm rather anonymous on it too. I don't plan to put my name, picture, or anything that might give me away on it...ok, well I guess all the music, knitting, & crocheting posts that I plan to post will give me away. EVERYONE knows that I LOVE music, knitting, and crocheting. But, since I'm sure that you really would like to know who I am, I will go as far to say that my name is Hannah, I'm 20yrs old, living at home, and seeking to serve the Lord with my life according to God's Word. And if you are interested, here's my blog address. www.onwingsofsong.wordpress.com *Warning*...It's rather boring right now as, um, it's new and there isn't much posted. But, I plan to post a lot in the future. :) And, if you comment, just keep in mind NOT TO USE MY NAME!! Ok then, I'll be "off" now. God Bless!

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Pleased to meet ya, I will mosey on over to your blog then. ;D

Oh, uh, did you want that last comment to be posted??

Anonymous said...

Oh, I guess it's ok if you published it, err I mean that you published it (my comment). Haha!
Let's keep in touch through comments. :) Kinda fun ya know.
ttyl