Tuesday, June 08, 2010

[Just a Friday Afternoon Photo-shoot]


On Friday the kids were outside with their guns and swords and long skirts and tents- I think they were playing a variation on 'prairie/civil war/camp out' so I decided to play photographer and make a big deal out of it.


Enjoy...  Not like they taste good or anything, but you can feast your eyes... sometimes.

(Don't forget to follow the "Read the rest here" link below...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily Anna
You can't see it, but a big stick nearly hit us.  My brother takes Teddy Roosevelt a little too seriously...
 


I also experimented with her hair... thanks to Havi and Lydia for the ideas.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isaac Kevin

 
Mom asked why we couldn't get any pictures where he didn't look frightening, angry, or out to get somebody.  I'm not sure.

The above was taken from an extremely perilous position- believe me!!

Yes, he's always like this...

Couldn't get that sword out of the picture...


Even here- not even posing

Just in case anybody's wondering, they bought those swords with their own money that they saved up for months and Isaac got the Yankee sword from Vision Forum while Caleb got the Johnny Reb's.  Make what you want of it.  We've met people who, well, some ask why we'd want a Union sword and others why we'd have a Confederate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caleb Daniel

Otherwise known as the Cat

Maybe going for a Captain Jack Sparrow look?

South vs. North-  no, we're not making a statement...

You just know he's thinking "I look good..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rebekah Vernae



I couldn't get a nice smile, that is, until I had her tell me a funny story.  It works every time.  I think it was about Emily getting after them or something.

Aha!!!  there's my Rebekah!  ...beautiful smile, no?

See what I mean about the smile?  It was probably the sun.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gideon John

Known to me as my "Giddy-Johnny-man"

Somehow, we only got two good pictures of him, maybe it was because he was so good, I didn't have to keep snapping until I got this one... it's our favorite, is on the background of our desktop, and, yeah, we spoil him and he's not even the youngest!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moriah Clara


She's fun, but wiggle to photograph


She's Almost looking devious here...


Her hair was really wild... not like that needed explaining or anything...


Now THIS is devious.  (It was my fault, I told her not to smile for one, and I guess she's only got two face settings; scheming or hilarious laughter)


She's trying to convince me that she's sixty-three... I'm not sure where that came from


I told her I didn't believe her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lena Mae


Can you tell that she thinks that she is all it?

And no, we don't spoil her... (much)

This was totally her idea, to sniff the flower that is... it was kind of dangerous... for the flower...

We are enjoying our perennial garden with its new red mulch.


Well, I finally got these pictures up, so you better have enjoyed them.  It nearly took me an act of congress.  And considering our congress, that's saying a lot.

Exhausted,
Jordan Elizabeth

8 comments:

Lulu said...

Awww..your siblings are so darling!! :) Haha, even more so in person. But wow, that camera (is it Emily's?) takes great pictures. Emily is so gorgeous!!! Moriah is also really cute. I loved the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great job Jordan!
I'm glad you were finally able to get them to post! :)

Elizabeth Z.

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Yes, it is such a sigh of relief to have these pictures out of my hair... and I think Blogger was revamping their website- about twenty times- while I was downloading too.

I have a confession to make. First of all though, this was our family's Canon that took the pictures (the same one your family got, Lulu) and Secondly I always mess with the contrast, color, and brightness of the photos on our computer...

So, the pictures don't actually look that brilliant, but I think it's truer to life.

~Jordan Elizabeth

Liz said...

Haha...I do that too!
Those are Great pictures! You have the makings of a true photographer!

Liz said...

Oops, I didn't see that my first one was posted! my bad!
BTW, We need to get together sometime!!
-Liz

Liz said...

Those are such pretty pictures!! You have the makings of a good photographer!! :)

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Thanks... that's ok, this post needed more comments anyway... yes, we do.

~jordan elizabeth

Joy said...

Fun!! :)