Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rejoice in the Lord Always!!!

With a big smile on your face!!

Always.  No matter what...

always- uh huh

Even at the Dentist's office.

Getting two cavities filled.

*sigh*



I'm afraid that verse didn't apply to me today.  I get very jumpy at the dentist's, especially with the drills and shots and all.  And I drove 45 minutes there in the 15 passenger van IN THE RAIN through major road construction to a place I'd rather not darken its doorway with my shadow.  EVER.  Not even for cleanings.

I KNOW, I KNOW!!  it's all my fault that I had to go in the first place [ ATTN:  Always, I mean ALWAYS floss your teeth.] So I should just be happy that they know how to fix them, right?

Not right.

Not that I didn't have a right to be jumpy; the first two shots didn't do their stuff before they started drilling.  (Talk about OUCH) so it took four shots total in order to achieve the correct level of painful deadness.  Actually the only part that really got me down was the wear off of the anesthetic.  Apparently it is 'in' in the dentist world to use really big fat needles that leave huge gaping holes in your mouth and also to

Well, that's the way it felt.  Somehow everything seems bigger when your tongue is the size of a Volkswagen and your lip is jelly.

Yes, I'm done complaining, and telling you this is helping me not to be depressed.

But, my headache went away after an afternoon nap- didn't even need Tylenol.  AND my attitude has improved.  Since I will forgive myself for grouchiness on account of real, unavoidable pain, (I'm not really concerned whether anyone else forgives me... do you?)  I think the real improvement began when the drilling was over and I hadn't felt it again. 

Talk about a huge sigh of relief- and a few notes for future reference about I have learned, whatsoever state I am in, therewith to be content.

And so I am.  Now.  Finally. 

Maybe.  :)

~Jordan Elizabeth

No comments: