Friday, May 07, 2010

!!!Vive la Mexico!!!

For those of you who didn't know that I went to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico last April 22nd on a mission's trip doing construction, street evangelism, and childrens' outreaches... I'm back!  For those of you who did know, the same message applies.  I cannot tell all now, but I am working on it and sometime in the next couple of days there will appear a long, descriptive, picture-punctuated, spanish-laced post all about my 'experience', if you can call it that.  I have lived an eternity and a half in the last two weeks, so hopefully my readers will allow for some down-time. :)

I lieu of another post, I will respond to the fact that the other Jordan Elizabeth has given me an award, the first I've ever gotten actually.

Pure in Heart award

Here are the rules:
1. Post about the tag.
2. Choose 5 bloggers who deserve this award.
3. Leave a comment on the blogs of the people you tagged, letting them know they were awarded.
4. Answer the questions along with your post. (Omit questions you don’t want to answer)
——————————–
1. Which do you prefer–Apples, Oranges, or Bananas?
Apples.  After avoiding them for two years because of braces, it is REALLY refreshing to finally be able to take a big bite-- *crunch*

2. How many siblings do you have?
In my house, there are seven siblings, in the world, my brothers and sisters in Christ are un-numbered.

3. Where do you live–a prairie, Woodland, city, or other?
How would you classify being surrounded by miles of farmland?  I think it used to be a prairie...

4. What is something you enjoy doing with your family?
We enjoy traveling in our bus/camper... singing... we garden, but I don't know if everyone enjoys that... a noisy game of Apples to Apple... reading books...

5. Is your room clean?
Why do you want to know?

6. Which would you prefer to vist–Italy, Greece, France, Spain, or England?
Do I have to pick just one?  Ok, ok, I think I'm the long tour type person...  eeny, meeny, miney, mo... GREECE!  Greece?

7. What is a scripture that encourages you?
First John 4:4-- Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.

8. Gum, chocolate, or jelly beans?
Chocolate.  Period.

9. What are your favorite types of books?
Do they have words?  and pages?  and glorify God?

10. Which is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint chocolate chip, because it's green and cold and refreshing.
11. If you had to eat one type of food for two weeks, what would that food be?
I could probably handle eating soup or stew for two weeks if it was winter; Spaghetti any other time.
12. Are you an outside or an inside person?
Both?

13. Describe yourself in three words.
Work.  In.  Progress.  (God's working on me, ok?  It's a GOOD thing.)

14. What chore do you like to do the most?
Sweeping, as in, the floor.
___________________

Now, chosing five bloggers who deserve this award... this is the awkward part for me, since I don't want to offend either by chosing or excluding anybody...  I love you all, so that should cover a multitude of trespasses...
1.  Emma Lou (mi hermana y amiga)
2.  Lulu (una amiga de mi hermana quien es mi amiga tambien-- please excuse my spanish, I warned you)
3.  Havi B. (mi amiga y hermana en Christo)
4.  Miss Sarah Jean (mi amiga solo en blogging)
5.  Haley R.

That's the best I can do.  Gloria Dios y Dios te bendiga...

In Christ-
Jordan

8 comments:

Lulu said...

Awwww....thanks so much for the award!!!! I'VE NEVER BEEN AWARDED. I love ya Jordan. (and not just for that reason!!!!! =D) You are the only 17 year old that treats me like I'm a friend and not just a little girl.

Joy said...

Wow, how exciting!! Looking forward to hearing more! Hayley R.

Joy said...

Ooh, thank-you muchly for the award!! Now I'm motivated to post more on my blog.:)(I didn't see the "read more" button at first, so I only saw part of the post!) Hayley R.

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Maybe it's just my diabolical nature, but I'm enjoying seeing how many people find out that I've awarded them without my having commented on their site to let them know that I gave it to them...

It's not entirely my fault! My internet connection is to blame.

Yes yes, that's an old lame excuse, you say.

The other Jordan Elizabeth said...

¡Que bueno!
Espero que pueda leer mas de tu viaje a México pronto.
¿Hablas mucho español? ¿De quién aprendes?
Mi abuela me enseña el español. Yo aprendaba por cuatro años, mas o menos.
¿Tienes un nombre especial en español? Unos de mis amigos me llaman Jordania.
Eventualmente voy a traducir esta cartita por los gringos... :)
~Jordania Elisabet

the other Jordan Elizabeth said...

so... for all you gringos (a term for American english speakers, mostly a term of endearment around the border...) this is what I said in the above comment, more or less :)

Great!
I hope to read more about your trip to Mexico soon.
Do you speak much Spanish? Who did you learn from?
My grandma teaches me Spanish. I've been learning for four years, more or less.
Do you have a special Spanish name? Some of my friends call me Jordania.
Eventually I'm going to translate this little letter (ie comment) for the gringos... :)

~Jordania Elisabet

Unknown said...

Jordan,
I know what you mean when you say your whole life happened in the last two weeks...can't wait to hear about it, sister! :)

Lulu said...

Jordania (the one who owns the blog.)-Tu que mi solo amiga quien es diesesiete y es simpatico a mi. Gracias por a bien amiga.

(did you understand that?