Tuesday, April 13, 2010

News... and other items

First off, allow me to direct your attention to the right- if you haven’t already noticed the new ‘quote of the week’ widget. Most likely this will change much less often than once a week, but quite possibly more. At any rate, it will be used for me to broadcast to the world (or at least to my blog readers) interesting, funny, convicting, and downright complicated quotes that I come across in my reading.

So, on Sunday our youth symphony gave our final concert. One of our songs was a Cello concerto – which was so good that my dad hurt his finger clapping for the soloist (She’s AMAZING, by the way. And for those of you who didn't know it, my dad's finger is in a splint with a pin holding it together, explaining the hurt-ed-ness from clapping). The big finale was exciting, though the percussion section got a little carried away on the final page of the William Tell Overture, or should I say, William Tell-Standing Ovation? The audience went wild.
Awww… but it’s over now. Until next year anyway.

Caleb is learning the violin this year. I gave him his first lesson and it was all “I don’t want to do that!” “Why do I have to stand like this?” “My finger hurts!” "I have to play it again!!!" But now I am pleased to report that he’s very gung-ho to join the orchestra --tomorrow (just kidding!) I wonder how long this present diligence will last (if it doesn’t last, will it really be diligence?) I fear he wants to be really good, not to get really good. Don’t we all? But anyway, he wishes to be another Midori, or Yann Tierson, or Isaac Stern... or just average old Concertmaster. *Smiles*


Farewell friends, until we meet again. (mwaa-ha-ha!!!)
~Jordan Elizabeth

5 comments:

Jordan Elizabeth said...

I saw the pictures of you on your mom's blog--I'd love to see them bigger though! You looked very nice :) I have a friend that does my hair whenever we get together (she lives rather far away). I call her my 'hair fairy'. She has an international hair blog! http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com

The other Jordan Elizabeth

Nathan R. Petrie said...

Hey! I saw on your blogger profile that you're a fan of Wayne Batson's The Door Within Trilogy! Me too! One of his writing friends, Bryan Davis, wrote a really good book called Starlighter that I think you'd enjoy. I'm giving it away for free on my blog! If you're interested, stop in and enter!

Thanks!

-Nathan
http://whisperedroars.blogspot.com/

Prescott said...

I also noticed on your profile that you are a fan of Wayne Thomas Batson's Door Within trilogy! I am hosting a Christian book giveaway on my blog, http://noahsreads.blogspot.com, once I have 30 followers, and I will host a second one if I reach 60! If you are interested, feel free to check it out!

Chip said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like life is still staying busy. Hope your dad's finger continues to heal.

In Christ
Chip

Jordan Elizabeth said...

I've given you an award on my blog!

the other Jordan Elizabeth