Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One of those 'little' things...

Greetings from the land of summer jobs and babysitting (or maybe a better word is not 'baby' but 'kid' since the two boys I'm watching are nine years old. Yep, nine year old twin terrors. :o) Really, they're pretty good kids, but this isn't the point of my story. 'So then get to the point' you say. Ok, ok...

It could have happened to anyone... and it could have turned out much, much differently...

I was cleaning around in the kitchen, doing some stuff- babysitting is often mixed with an attempt at a house straightening service, at least for me- and I noticed Nathan's bottle of pills sitting OPEN on the top of the cabinet. Nothing unusual, but thinking ahead logically, I decided that putting on the lid was the best thing to do in the case that dirt might fall into it, it might tip over... any number of calamities could occur.
I must stress that this was a very random thing for me to do, I normally wouldn't have even thought twice about it, but my thinking was about to change for the better. At least twenty minutes went by until that fateful moment when I placed the mail on top of the cabinet and turned away.
Suddenly, the large framed picture resting precariously on the back of the cabinet fell forward- knocking everything in front of it onto the floor- including the aforementioned bottle of orange speckled pills.

If I hadn't put the cover on, who knows what might have happened?
*hands waving* "I know! I know! The pills would have spilled ALL OVER!" Uh, right. Small disaster for the reading world out there, but large disaster for me- and the boys' mom.
So... what's my point in this very long, suspenseful, detailed (come on, admit it) slightly dull story?
Well, it's just really neat when God reminds you that He is God of the whole Universe- and, get this- He cares about the most intricate and insignificant portions of our lives. He really truly interested in everything about us not only because we're His children and so He's 'obligated' to care: We are His Creation- every minuscule moment, every last breath of one of His creatures, every single movement across the globe from the beat of a man's heart to a drop of water in the Amazon River belongs to Him- it's His, it matters, and He controls it and makes it happen.
Is that not awesome or what?
So, in a way, the point of this wasn't me, the bottle of pills, or 'coincidences'. It was and is God.
And that's how it should be.
In Christ~

2 comments:

Camden said...

It's awesome to know that God cares about even parts of our lives that WE don't pay much attention to! Great reminder!

Camden

Miss Sarah Jean said...

What a great example. Most of the time we forget about all those little things and only look for God to work in the big things. The fact that you saw that little thing for the blessing from God that it was just shows that you are where you should be in following God. Blessings to you! Keep running the race and keeping your eyes on God!
--Sarah