Recommended reading for this holiday season (or just sometime this lifetime) drum roll, please
On the Incarnation by St. Athanasius
Not everyone is a saint and not all saints get to have saint attached to their name. However, this book is very good and very timely, seeing how it’s Christmas and all. (Incidentally, we also recently watched The Man in the Santa Claus Suit.)
Let me recap- Christmas celebrates the birth of God, right? That is when God united Himself with Mankind, with flesh, and was born. This book is a wonderful treatment of the issues surrounding the fact that God put on flesh.
If you can get your head around that, please educate me. I can’t get mine around it, and probably it’s because I can’t get my head around God, perhaps a finite mind is not big enough to grasp the infinite…
Not to rave about this book, you can basically read the same stuff in the Bible, but it’s good enough to warrant a post when I finish it sometime in the very near future.
So, anybody feel like some really old, really good, really deep theology?
No comments:
Post a Comment