Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:4
Do we realize what these words mean? Do we want to realize what these words mean? The Christian life is serious, a battle field, the Christian death is also serious, though seasoned with a small amount of levity, since when you die, you win. What about dying while living? To live to Christ is to die to self. And yet,
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood...
It is easy to say we want to strive against sin, it is quite another to succeed in striving. "I tried..." is a common excuse for failure, and is often the reason. To try is not the same as to do. To try implies a possiblity of failure, to do implies a 'do or die' mentality.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Yet? As in, someday? Blood? Are you serious? Sin is deadly, and you either want to defeat it or defeat it, there is no other option for a Christian. Do or die. Follow Christ, take up the cross- do and die. Die to sin, strive against it, put it away from yourself- FAR AWAY, let not even a hint of it be detected in our lifestyles.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Have we yet resisted unto blood? Will we, if necessary? Sometimes it isn't necessary to shed blood, but to be willing is half the battle. Will He provide the way out, or will He not? Can we answer this question from experience?
2 comments:
Thanks for waking me up to this again, Jordan. I needed to see a new verse reference and to see it written in new words. I look forward to hearing from you!
Your sister in Christ,
Cynthia
Hi! I like your blog--it's very nice. I'm adding myself as your newest follower and I hope that you'll check out my blog as well.
:)
www.inletsandharbors.blogspot.com
Post a Comment