Friday, September 17, 2010

Life is full of many beautiful things...






Really, we don't have enough time to spend concentrating on the bad that befalls us.  
.

.

.

.
But...
.

.

.

.
You could see that coming couldn't you?

But life hurts sometimes- it hurts you, people you love, people you don't even know...  I guess it's not 'life'- some unknown, unfeeling entity like 'chance' or 'time' that hurts us; what hurts is the sin that has brought a curse upon the world.  OUR sin.  

It's interesting to grow up, but also painful to see sin revealed in others' lives, in the way they treat people- not just in foreign countries, but in our own home-towns- It's interesting to note how sin is revealed in our own lives, and how everyone ends up reacting to it.

Do you react to evil circumstances and people with
indifference? 
despair? 
love? 
acceptance? 
judgment? 
go hide in  your room?

Each situation is different and no one is going through the same thing at the same time in the same way. 

I guess we can only pray for wisdom and guidance and read God's Word to learn how to react in brotherly love and Christian kindness.

Only.

Only...

Only petitioning Almighty God, Who is our Father and has saved our souls by the blood of His Son. 
Only reading the Bible, His direct revelation of His will which has been preserved by the blood of martyrs.

Hm.  Only...

It puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

This is my favorite picture from my mission trip to Mexico- isn't it sweet?

Moving randomly on...

...

My sister and I have discovered that I have a little of what I call the Jane-complex.  In case you aren't familiar with that terminology, it refers to the condition in which you seem determined to approve of everything and everyone that you meet.

In short, you are too nice, too forgiving of faults, too apt to see the good in a person than the bad or dislike-able traits.

Yep, that would be me along with Jane Bennett and Charles Bingley.  (hence the 'Jane' in the Jane-complex)

Actually, it's both a curse and a blessing- a curse in that you don't understand or sympathize with people who like to talk about 'what's wrong with so-and-so', and a blessing in that you rarely see something you hate in someone else that is so strong that you avoid them.

Rarely.  Not never.

However, I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am like Jane Bennett completely- not that far at all.  In fact, I identify with Elinor Dashwood more than any of the other Jane Austen heroines. 

But I must say it's better to form an opinion of Jane Austen by reading her books, not watching the movie adaptations.

---
Yes, we do have banditos this far north


Here are a few observations about homeschooling, preserving food, and music:

First, homeschooling (especially with a large family) is the greatest example of iron-sharpening-iron that I've seen in a long time.  The 17 year old (who presumably has mastered her grammar) can explain the meaning of premeditated to the 14 year old (thereby passing on knowledge) because she is standing right there- not in a separate classroom.  It is also a good help to the younger kids who are learning to read and spell when they give the older kids a spelling quiz- both because they get to learn how to say harder words, but also because they over-pronounce the words, giving you a hint as to how it's spelled.  :D

Second, when you are cooking jelly and it's not coming to a boil for ages and ages, all you have to do is walk away for, oh, say five seconds, and it will boil over all across the stove.  Yes, we learned this from experience.

Finally, when teaching music lessons, you have to consider the ages of the students.  DON'T expect a nine-year old to get it like a 12 year old would.  Ever.  It's not gonna happen.

---

I felt like journaling in public right now, I guess.  Funny, I never let anyone read my private journal entries, but here I'll talk on and on... Maybe it's my way of carrying on a conversation when there's no one to talk to.  Granted, a very one-sided conversation- I don't actually get to talk face-to-face with anyone on here.

Good Night,

~JORDAN ELIZABETH

4 comments:

Hope Marie said...

I love reading what you write!you have such a talent for writing.

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

thanks Hopey! you are a blessing!

~Jordan Elizabeth

Ptáček said...

Awwwww, sweet post! It made me miss you (more). Come visit me?!

Chip said...

I remember a quote by a pastor, he said, "when sin enters the picture of life, it is most easy to recognize in what it does to circumstances and people. It confuses and complicates. We are not sure how to react, or act, we do not know what should be said or done."
It is very true. Only with God's saving grace can we overcome, and even then it is not easy.
I also like the iron sharpening iron illustration. It is true. And when iron gets sharpened sparks are bound to fly. Ok, long comment.
In Christ
Chip