Thursday, September 10, 2009

What can I say? Life happens, and when it does you better hang on for dear life. So this will be a hasty, scatter brained, ill worded, and (hopefully) very brief post.
Oh, it's not that bad, but sometimes I wonder what could happen next. Mom and Dad left to take Isaac to a doctor in Mankato, MN on Tuesday, the appointment was Wednesday, leaving Emily and me home alone to 'tend the stock' and bake cookies (yum!) Caleb went along to look after the baby and the rest of the kids went to a friend's house.
All this to say that the doctor recommended we have some tests done and also go to a children's hospital which was closer than going to Mayo. So instead of coming home Wednesday, they stayed another night and after an appointment with that doctor, Isaac was checked into the hospital where they will now run tests and annoy me because they can't do the colonoscopy until MONDAY, which means that dad will stay there over the weekend and mom will come home and attempt some semblance of normalcy for a couple days.
Ramble... ramble... ramble...
In other words, I'm drowning. I guess the prayer request is that they would quickly find out what is wrong and that the tests would be conclusive and that he wouldn't get sick from the food or the other stuff.
On a happier note, I have joined the Fargo-Moorhead Area Youth Symphony, which is one reason I'm drowning- the music is a lot harder than I hoped, but not harder than I expected.
Farewell-

4 comments:

Chip said...

We will keep all things in prayer and supplication to the one who controls all.

Chip

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Thanks. It's such a relief to rest in the sovreignty of God.

Unknown said...

Is the music "easier than you think, but harder than you wish", as John Bunyan said of salvation? I'm confident in your faith and talents to keep you from drowning, because God's burden is light, and His yoke is easy.

Your sister forever in Christ,
Cynthia

Miss Jordan Elizabeth said...

Yeah, something like that. Since I posted this it actually got a lot harder because we had our first rehearsal and one of the songs goes at least a million miles a minute. *sigh* Practice perseverance and patience - I think - are the key elements though...

Thanks for the encouragement!

In Christ-
Jordan